At Fogarty Foundation we aim to advance social change through education
How did we start?
The Fogarty Foundation was established by Brett and Annie Fogarty in 2000 to support and provide educational and leadership opportunities for young people across the spectrum of the WA community. They decided to focus solely on education with the belief that it is the most effective way to support individuals and the community.
Over the last 19 years, the Foundation has partnered with a range of organisations that deliver innovative projects and educational opportunities that support young people to achieve their potential and inspire community leadership.
The Foundation initiates some of its own programs, including the UWA Fogarty Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships Program, CoderDojo WA and Fogarty EDvance.
How do we operate?
With the ability to identify unmet needs and pilot new models, the Foundation gathers support from its networks in the government, corporate and social sectors.
We apply entrepreneurial and business principles to our activities and programs to achieve a ripple effect of greater outcomes and long-term impact.
The ripple effect, depicted in the Foundation’s logo, is at the very essence of everything that the Foundation does.
To assist in achieving the ripple effect the Foundation has a diverse portfolio that optimises the use of our resources and networks:
- Fogarty Partnerships in Education includes the Foundation’s long term partnerships with Western Australian tertiary education institutions
- Fogarty Initiatives leverage the Foundation’s ability to proactively identify a community need and use our knowledge and experience to establish a new program
- Fogarty Ventures is the way in which the Foundation supports other organisations with investment and entrepreneurial services, with the aim of supporting projects that align with our objectives and direction
- Fogarty Giving includes smaller donations to worthwhile causes that align with our objectives
- Fogarty Connect is the way in which the Foundation leverages knowledge and allows organisations and individuals to benefit from our networks in the community